If the monitored battery is mobile, eg in a vehicle or boat, the cellular network tower triangulation provides an approximate location of the battery so you can check the last known position of your vehicle or boat online. SafeCurrent passes information wirelessly using its built in SIM card and multiple devices can be viewed through a single online user account. Each SIM costs approximately €3.50 per month on registration.
Get Important Alerts
Set email or SMS (optional) alerts for low voltage and temperature changes at user defined levels. Operating temperatures affect battery performance and manufacturers advise retaining a minimum of 50% charge to keep good performance and extend battery lifetimes. Using SafeCurrent provides you with up to 30 days of measured data that keeps you in control so you can take appropriate action to safeguard your battery.
Monitoring battery voltage is just like checking your fuel gauge so you can be prepared for whatever condition you find them in, ready to go or recharge! Simply log on to read voltage and temperature monitored over a selectable time frame of 1, 7 or 30 day period. The digital display uses intuitive colour indicators and a graphical display so it’s simple to interpret at a glance.
Up and Running
Your SafeCurrent is easy to get up and running. Simply register the device on the secure portal and connect the SafeCurrent to the terminals of your battery bank. Power consumption of the device is a negligible <0.5Wh per day, a small price to pay for valuable intelligence about your system! Start monitoring today…..
- Suitable for connection to 12V and 24V lead acid, AGM or Gel battery banks
- Data refreshes every 4 hours
- Operates in all European countries
- Registration and Up & Running is fast and simple
- Monitor multiple units on a single user account
- Developed, manufactured and operated on a secure portal by a Norwegian company.
- Supplied with a hook and loop fastener strips for easy attachment.
Dimensions & Weight
150 x 65 x 35mm
|SafeCurrent SCMV 10-F1.0|
|GPRS Module||Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
GPRS multi-slot class 12/10
GPRS mobile station class B
Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
Class 4 (2 W @ 850/900MHz)
Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900MHz)
|Terminals||6.3mm Ring Termanals||Connection to battery|
|SMA Female Contact||For mobile antenna|
|Power Consumption||0.09mA||On Standby|
|350mA||Active for 15 Seconds|
|Submission||4 Times||Maximum interval|
How to install and register your SafeCurrent battery monitor
- Scan the QR code on the device / box with your mobile. Or you can navigate manually to safecurrent.no/register.
- Complete the registration form.(If QR code is scanned the IMEI number is automatically inserted into the registration form, otherwise enter it manually.)
- Attach the black wire to the battery’s negative pole and the red wire to the positive pole.
- Verify that the red light on the device blinks upon connection.
- Attach the device on an appropriate surface using the tape provided.
- Log on the web site to see the measurements collected. It may take as long as 60 minutes from registration to the first measurement is available.
- It might be a good idea to keep the device box, so you have the IMEI and QR code for later use.