SunPower panels make your limited deck and rooftop space count by using their prime cells, the highest efficiency silicon cells on the market.
- 22–25% efficiency levels mean higher power production than standard silicon panels of the same area.
- SunPower panels are shade resistant as each cell operates independently.
- SunPower cells perform better than standard silicon cells in extremes of temperature and deliver excellent low light level performance
- Re-charging times are faster with SunPower panels as energy conversion levels are higher so you can depend on quicker battery replenishment whilst enjoying your leisure time.
- Flexible panel surface means that contours can be followed to help you maximize space on board
Only SunPower branded flexible panels are built in the same factories as SunPower industry-leading residential solar panels.
- The SunPower Maxeon Solar Cell is the only solar cell built on a copper foundation. This makes these back contact cells resistant to cracking and corrosion when flexed or exposed to a moist environment unlike conventional cells which can fail or lose power.
- The substrate is constructed of high grade lightweight polymer materials designed to withstand high UV exposure.
- Stainless steel grommets and industry standard electrical connectors.
- Highly automated production ensures consistent quality.
- Reliable Manufacturer’s warranty backed by Total the world’s 4th largest energy company.
The Marlec Assurance
- Marlec is the SunPower appointed UK Distributor
- We are proud to include SunPower in our portfolio of our own and other trusted brands of wind and solar energy products.
- We are the UK’s longest established renewable energy company, founded in 1978. Contact our expert sales team at www.marlec.co.uk
SunPower Maxeon Cell
- Copper foundation is nearly impervious to heat and humidity
- Durable cell design flexes in fluctuating temperatures
- Unique cell architecture performs better than conventional silicon in cloudy weather and partial shade
- Converts sunlight earlier and lasting later in the day than conventional panels
SunPower Panel Specification
|PV Module Type||SunPower 50W||SunPower 100W||SunPower 110W||SunPower 170W|
|Suitable Regulator Type||PWM or MPPT||PWM or MPPT||PWM or MPPT||MPPT Only|
|Rated Voltage(Vmpp)||17.7 V||18.8 V||17.1 V||29.4 V|
|Rated Current (Impp)||2.8A||5.9A||5.9A||5.84 A|
|Open-Circuit Voltage||21.5V||21.4V||22.8V||34.6 V|
|Short-Circuit Current (Isc)||3.1 A||6.3 A||6.3 A||6.15 A|
|Solar Cells & Efficiency||Prime Monocrystalline 23%||Prime Monocrystalline 25% and 23%||Prime Monocrystalline 25% and 23%||Prime Monocrystalline 25%|
|Power Temp Coefficient||-0.35%/º C||-0.35%/º C||-0.30%/º C||-0.30%/º C|
|Voltage Temp Coefficient||-58.9 mV/º C||-58.9 mV/º C||-55.8 mV/º C||-83.7 mV/º C|
|Current Temp Coefficient||2.6 mA/º C||2.6 mA/º C||3.5 mA/º C||3.5 mA/º C|
|Dimensions & Weight||653x556x3.2(mm) 1.1(kg)||1150x556x3.2(mm) 2.2(kg)||1150x556x3.2(mm) 2.2(kg)||1153x810x2.0(mm) 2.9(kg)|
Further Specification for all products
|Suitable for||12V & 24V Battery Charging|
|Junction Box||TE 1-21-2152049-1 with by-pass diode|
|Connectors & Cables*||Tyco (PV4-S) on 4mm², 450mm long cable (MC4 Compatable)|
|Grommets||Grade 316 Stainless Steel|
|Operating Temp Range||-40º C to + 85º C|
|Max. System Voltage||45V|
|Series Fuse Rating||15 A|
|*Mating connectors & cables are available in 5m & 10m from Marlec|
|Warranty: 5 Year Power and 2 Year Product. No salt water exclusion|
Getting Up and Running
Each panel is supplied with out put cables and waterproof connectors that simply click to mating connectors. Sets of cables are available to order in 5m and 10m lengths.
An in-line diode for the + connector is available for use in multiple panel connections. Panels can be connected in parallel or series as shown in the relevant diagram on the support page.
Caution: Ensure maximum input voltage level of the regulator selected is observed to avoid damage to regulators. It is not recommended to connect panels in series (to increase voltage) when charging 12V batteries.