Solar iBoost’s Sender and Clamp design make fitting and using Solar iBoost+ simple and satisfying.
- Conveniently the Sender is battery operated as standard so you don’t need to find a socket nearby. This means that it can easily be located next to the household meter.
Batteries typically last 2 years and a low battery warning message appears with a red triangle on the Solar iBoost to alert the user. iBoost+ Buddy displays the battery condition.
- Also Compatible with Solar iBoost Original
- This Sender 250 is configured with a cut-in threshold of 250W of export and is compatible with both the Solar iBoost+ and Solar iBoost models. (Standard settings are: Solar iBoost+ 100W and Solar iBoost 200W)
- Use the Sender 250 in exchange for an existing unit when retrospectively installing a home battery storage system where the cut-in threshold is higher than the Solar iBoost and you would like battery storage prioritized. Requires 2 AA batteries.
5M Extension Cable
If you experience “Lost Signal to Sender” owing to thick or steel walls this cable can simply be plugged between the Sender and Clamp connections. This enables you to position the Sender nearer to the Solar iBoost+ to establish or better maintain the signal.
Mains Power Sender
Want to power your Sender from the grid? This Sender is supplied with a suitable power supply on a 1m cable with UK 3 pin plug. (Power supply not available separately).
Also compatible with Solar iBoost Original
- The single clamp is innovative as it measures both energy flow and value where many other systems employ 2 clamps to calculate export levels.
- The clamp is simply fastened around the correct cable and so is considerably less complicated than systems where messy wired connections to the household meter or consumer unit are necessary. We keep it simple and it saves time too.
Monitor it Remotely
- Choose the iBoost+ Buddy and you can see the sender’s battery condition continuously displayed. The remote image of the Solar iBoost+ screen displays Sender Battery Low as it occurs.
- The Wireless Sender has a good range for households allowing for up to 30m distance to the Solar iBoost+ controller including some walls. (Its line of sight range is 500m) This is more than adequate for most homes but an extension is available from your installer or to order on this site.
Low Battery Alert
- You get a double warning on the Solar iBoost Controller when the batteries are getting low, so don’t worry that you’ll miss out on making those savings. The red warning triangle illuminates and the message Sender Battery Low also appears on the screen. Typically 3-4 weeks of battery life will remain when the message first appears.