Install a Rutland Windcharger and experience the convenience of fully charged batteries.
Power for marine and land based applications whether you’re on the move or at a permanent location Rutland Windchargers deliver power from the gentlest of breezes.
View our Introduction to Solar & Wind Energy for your boat: https://youtu.be/IfWAiYWKU6k
View our Introduction to Wind Energy & Wind Generators for your boat: https://youtu.be/Axss2U3aIlg
Wind Power for Boats
- Blue Water Cruising
- Live aboard Cruisers.
- Coastal sailing yacht
- Narrow Boats
Install a Rutland Windcharger and experience the convenience of fully charged batteries. Power that is readily available for lights, navigation equipment, laptops and other electrical appliances. Free and renewable energy from the gentlest breeze can be combined with solar panels for a balanced year round power supply.
A completely unique mini windcharger designed with the weekend yachtsman in mind
- Pleasure Boats
- Caravans and Camper-vans
- Educational Kits (PowerEd)
Delivers 30% more power than the 913
- Live aboard Cruisers.
- Coastal sailing yachts.
- Inland and narrow boats.
Land based Windchargers
When you need power at a remote site the Furlmatic model Windchargers provide a reliable and cost effective solution. Power generated can be used for off grid homes, remote telecommunications, monitoring, electric fences etc avoiding the costly and inconvenient installation of grid power. The Furlmatic Windchargers protect themselves by reducing the rotational speed of the turbine in extremely high winds in a design that continues to stand the test of time. For temporary installations land installations the smaller wind turbines can be used to keep batteries topped up.
Marlec’s highly successful land based windcharger
- Low Energy at Isolated Sites
- Off-Grid Street Lighting
- Static Caravans and Remote Homes
Why is the Rutland so Unique?
Purpose designed turbine
- Marlec was the first wind generator manufacturer to design it’s aerofoil blades and generator specifically as a wind turbine to maximise power conversion.
Low wind speed start up
- We developed our stator windings without an iron core for low friction so a Rutland offers the lowest wind speed start up by far of any design.
- Reliable Components – We encapsulate the stator coils in glass fibre to avoid common stator failures
Simple, effective design
- We have a fixed the shaft reducing the number of rotating parts and the need for generator brushes. We use two single magnets moulded into glass fibre avoiding the use of multiple magnets glued into position.
360 degree free rotation
- Built-in slipring & low wear brushes give the unit complete 360º free rotation on the mounting pole for power transmission whilst avoiding twisted cables.
Quiet, smooth and continous power generation
- These features create a high inertia generator whose flywheel effect generates smooth, continuous power between gusts when other wind turbines have lost the power in the wind and stall between gusts.
More Power from less turbine
- Our flywheel effect effortlessly rides the gusts of wind to capture more energy
Tested in real wind conditions
- All our designs are tested in real wind conditions and performance monitored and datalogged pre and post market release. (Many companies quote outputs based on fixed wind speeds measured from vehicle top testing)
- We test and record results of every generator built
…and last but not least… Marlec operates under the international standard of ISO9001, the first small wind turbine manufacturer worldwide to achieve this!
To sum it up:
- We keep it simple so it’s reliable
- We use durable materials so it lasts
- We innovate to deliver the best efficiency possible