Solar iBoost (Original)
Solar iBoost + (Plus)
Solar iBoost Sender
(Usually located at the household electric meter)
Display messages explained
Heating By Solar
|Excess generation is available and being diverted to the immersion heater. The value is indicated in kW||Message appears and heating occurs when there is no excess solar generation e.g. at night – check the orientation and location of the clamp as it is detecting current.
1. The clamp may be incorrectly orientated or
2. It is located after Henley blocks to send an incorrect reading.
Follow this guidance
Water Tank Hot
|Excess PV generation is available and the water tank thermostat has activated owing to temperature reached.||If water is not hot:
1. Thermostat in immersion may be set too low
2. Thermostat may be faulty and permanently open.
A qualified electrician should inspect the installation. Follow this guidance
Water Heating Off
|No excess energy is detected, the system is in standby.||
Understanding the fault message
A red triangle appears with the following:
Sender Battery Low
The Sender and Clamp are usually located at the main electricity meter or the consumer unit at the property.
Replace 2x AA batteries at earliest opportunity. Do not use rechargeable batteries.
Lost Signal to Sender
The unit is no longer receiving messages from the sender unit. Possible causes:
- Batteries may be exhausted.
- Solar iBoost+ is positioned too far or too near to the sender.
- Sender unit pairing button may have been pressed inadvertently outside of the pairing process
Follow the instructions shown in our Pairing the sender
The Solar iBoost+ will check for overload during initialisation and during normal operation. If overload of either heating circuit is detected the output will be disabled. Check the load of the immersion heater and supply voltage are within specification. This warning can be reset by power cycling the Solar iBoost+ unit.
User Operating Help
Learn how to:
Pair the Sender and Solar iBoost
Follow the instructions shown in our Pairing The Sender Guide
Use the Boost function
Switches on full power to the immersion heater for the period of time selected. Note that electricity is drawn from the grid if the excess generation is too low.
1. Press any button on the Solar iBoost+ to switch on the backlight.
2. Each press of the Boost button adds 15 minutes to the boost time up to maximum of 2 hours. The amount of time remaining is shown on the display.
3. To cancel the boost simply press the Boost button repeatedly until ‘Manual Boost OFF’ is shown.
The Boost function can be activated remotely within the home using the optional iBoost+ Buddy home energy monitor.
Programme grid power times
Follow the instructions shown on page 15 of the User Manual
Change the language setting
Follow the instructions shown in our Changing the Language on Solar iBoost+
Pair the iBoost Buddy
The Buddy must be paired with your Solar iBoost+ to operate. When first powered up the display will state ‘Not Bound’ follow this simple pairing procedure to join with the Solar iBoost+.
- Press and hold both the B and Boost buttons on the Buddy for 5 seconds, the display will show ‘Install Mode 58s Unbound’. The buddy allows 1 minute to pair before timing out. The countdown is shown.
- During the 60 second countdown move to the Solar iBoost+, press any button to switch on the back light. Immediately press and hold button B on the Solar iBoost+ for 5 seconds then release.
- The Solar iBoost+ display will show ‘Pairing with Device…’.
When the pairing is successful the Solar iBoost+ will show ‘Pairing Successful’.
The Buddy will display ‘Install Mode 05s Bound’ The Buddy is fully paired after 5 seconds.
If the Pairing fails the Buddy display will time out and again show ‘Not Bound’.
Repeat the procedure until the pairing is achieved.
4. Finally, locate the Buddy in a convenient position.
Other conditions can occur
How can i check that my Solar iBoost is working correctly
Check the display screen for any messages. Use these guidance notes to check and test the system – The Kettle Test
My display shows Water Tank Hot but the water is cold
Follow the instructions shown in our Fault Finding Guide 2
Heating by solar is displayed at night
Follow the instructions shown in this Fault finding guide – Clamp Location Check
Water is heating at night or when there is no excess
Follow the instructions shown in this fault finding guide – Clamp Location Check
My Solar iBoost+ is displaying in a different language
Follow the instructions shown in this fault finding guide – Changing the Language on Solar iBoost+
My Solar iBoost+ fan is making more noise than a typical computer fan
Follow the instructions shown in this fault finding guide – Solar iBoost+ Fan Operation
Display stays on Water Heating Off
If you have no savings or no recent savings check the clamp location as it may be located incorrectly or has been moved. The minimum amounts of export to activate diversion are: Solar iBoost+ 100W and Solar iBoost (original model) 200W.
My Solar iBoost has not registered any savings
Display stays on Water Heater Off but the blue light is flashing
The unit is in a fault condition and should be switched off at the power supply. Complete the online form.
Request a Call
Please complete this Solar iBoost Troubleshoot Report AFTER you have completed the above checks and procedures to rectify any issues. One of our team will call you within 1 working day to assist in resolving the problem.