30 Years of Experience
As a distributor of marine solar panels Marlec has advised and supported the British Marine Federation for many years in matters of solar power for boats. In collaboration with the World Cruising Club our knowledge and understanding of ARC participants needs are well understood. You can purchase marine solar panels directly from us and build up your own solar power system, or speak to our team of wind and solar experts about planning your energy needs for your trip to ensure your power system reliability. For over 30 years Marlec has been providing wind and solar power for boats putting us in a unique position to advise and supply you with a suitable solution.
Types of Solar Power for Boats
It is important to use marine solar panels to ensure that you have a system designed to withstand the harsh conditions at sea. Flexible solar panels can be used to create a flush finish and can even be walked on, or solid framed glass panels can be used for a higher power density and for extra mounting options.
Surface Mounted Solar Panels
To be laid or fixed to a surface/deck.
- Ideal for when deck space is at a premium
- When used on a temporary basis can be moved into the sun and away from shade
- Lightweight and flexible
- Can be walked on in boating shoes
- Simple to remove and store
Gantry Mounted Solar Panels
Solid framed modules to be mounted using mounting kits or by other means.
- Solid mount above deck reduces shading from overhead objects
- Allows for larger arrays and therefore greater power consumption