Here you can learn how to use your Solar iBoost+™
As we start, please familiarise yourself with these items that we refer to in the troubleshooting:
Solar iBoost™ Original Main Unit
Solar iBoost+™ Main Unit
Solar iBoost™ Sender & Clamp
Solar iBoost Buddy™
Learn how to:
Pair the Sender and Solar iBoost+™
Follow the instructions shown in our Pairing The Sender Guide
Use the Boost function
Switches on full power to the immersion heater for the period of time selected. Note that electricity is drawn from the grid if the excess generation is too low.
1. Press any button on the Solar iBoost+™ to switch on the backlight.
2. Each press of the Boost button adds 15 minutes to the boost time up to maximum of 2 hours. The amount of time remaining is shown on the display.
3. To cancel the boost simply press the Boost button repeatedly until ‘Manual Boost OFF’ is shown.
The Boost function can be activated remotely within the home using the optional iBoost+ Buddy™ home energy monitor.
Programme grid power times
Follow the instructions shown on page 15 of the User Manual
Change the language setting
Follow the instructions shown in our Changing the Language on Solar iBoost+
Pair the iBoost Buddy™
The Buddy must be paired with your Solar iBoost+™ to operate. When first powered up the display will state ‘Not Bound’ follow this simple pairing procedure to join with the Solar iBoost+.
- Press and hold both the B and Boost buttons on the Buddy for 5 seconds, the display will show ‘Install Mode 58s Unbound’. The buddy allows 1 minute to pair before timing out. The countdown is shown.
- During the 60 second countdown move to the Solar iBoost+™, press any button to switch on the back light. Immediately press and hold button B on the Solar iBoost+™ for 5 seconds then release.
- The Solar iBoost+™ display will show ‘Pairing with Device…’.
When the pairing is successful the Solar iBoost+™ will show ‘Pairing Successful’.
The Buddy will display ‘Install Mode 05s Bound’ The Buddy is fully paired after 5 seconds.
If the Pairing fails the Buddy display will time out and again show ‘Not Bound’.
Repeat the procedure until the pairing is achieved.
4. Finally, locate the Buddy in a convenient position.
Download our How to Pair your iBoost Buddy Guide