- No more running the engine just to keep the service batteries charged when cruising
- No noisy generators
- Cut the cost and frequency of refuelling
- Silent battery charging at work while you relax into the sail
- Imagine a refrigerator that keeps it’s cool! Food preserved and drinks cooled just as you want them.
- How great to set sail with the peace of mind that your batteries are being replenished as you enjoy the comforts on board
When you invest in SunWare solar panels you are plugging into a solar panel designed for marine environments and tough installation conditions. These German built solar panels are manufactured to the very highest quality standard of materials and workmanship. You have the assurance that each solar panel is individually tested to industry standards and is backed up by a 3 year warranty.
|PV Module Type – SunWare Front Junction SW2 Series||Peak Power||Dimensions (mm)||Weight (kg)|
|SW20185 12V Rectangle||100W||689 x 1012 x 5||4.7|
|SW20166 12V Rectangle||75W||481 x 1119 x 5||3.6|
|SW20165 12V Rectangle||50W||481 x 772 x 5||2.3|
|SW20146 12V Slim||38W||273 x 1154 x 5||2.2|
|SW20164 12V Rectangle||38W||481 x 599 x 5||1.8|
|SW20145 12V Slim||25W||273 x 807 x 5||1.6|
|SW20163 12V Rectangle||25W||481 x 426 x 5||1.3|
|PV Module Type – SunWare Rear Junction SW4 Series||Peak Power||Dimensions (mm)||Weight (kg)|
|SW40143 12V||14W||468 x 243|
|SW40163 12V||27W||428 x 481|
|SW40164 12V||38W||599 x 481|
|SW40165 12V||50W||481 x 772|
Other Sizes and 24V Available
To order solar panel models not shown please complete our online contact form or email us at email@example.com
SunWare solar panels have the highest power output to surface area ratio of walk on solar panels on the market. Their efficient polycrystalline cells convert sunlight to power into your battery so you can have the luxury of cool drinks and keep the essential equipment like the depth sounder running too.
Not sure what panels you need? We recommend you talk to one of our sales engineers. We will configure the best suitable system that meets your requirements.
SunWare Solar Panel Features
Available in three ranges
- SunWare 20 Series Marine Modules
- SunWare’s Marine modules are ideal for use on board sailing boats where there might be a need to walk on them but they are also an excellent choice for other tough applications on land. These non-glass solar panels can be installed in places susceptible to breakages or vandalism and therefore cut down the need for costly replacement.
- The wide range of power ratings, sizes and shapes means that whether your energy requirements are low to high for topping up your battery bank there will be a SunWare panel or selection of panels to fit your need and space available.
- SunWare solar panels very effectively maintain and top-up batteries whilst sailing or moored up, whether living aboard or weekend sailing there’s a solar solution for you.
- In fixed applications the wide choice means that Marlec can find the best fit power unit for your needs, contact the sales team to find out more.
- SunWare 40 Series Marine Modules
- These rear connection modules are complimentary to the 20 series and available in many of the same power ratings and sizes.
- The concealed junction box and cable at the rear gives a clean smooth surface finish on board wherever it’s possible for the rear junction to be accommodated in a cut out.
- On fixed applications the concealed junction box and cable provide additional security against vandalism when installed at isolated locations especially when installed on a remote equipment housing.
- SunWare TX Range
- SunWare’s Textile range are a novel and very convenient way to use space on board very efficiently, making use of a sprayhood or bimini to support these solar panels
- They are foldable and can be deployed temporarily or fixed permanently to suit your power needs. Leave them fixed permanently or simply and quickly fit and remove them whenever you are on board.
- On land these panels are an ideal solution for temporary deployment in the field for scientific, disaster relief, military, expeditions and other applications.
- To find out more Visit Page
- All SunWare solar panels are highly efficient at converting sunlight into power as all models are made up of 39 or 40 photovoltaic cells. A feature that has 3 distinct advantages over standard 36 cell marine solar panels
- Their operating temperature is cooler and therefore deliver better performance, especially in summer months and in hotter climates.
- The additional cells assist in compensating for lost voltage in overcast conditions delivering power for longer than solar panels with fewer cells.
- The additional cells keep the operating temperature lower enabling the panels to be installed directly onto a solid surface without the need for rear ventilation. In comparison 36 cell panels experience a fall in efficiency and power production in high temperatures.
A structured Teflon Coated non slip surface
- The clear EVA surface thermally seals the photovoltaic cells protecting them against water ingress
- The toughened and structured surface can be walked on in deck shoes. (Caution should be used to avoid piercing from small stones in footwear soles)
- The rugged surface is designed to reduce the possibility of slipping even in wet weather.
A durable aluminium substrate
- The aluminium substrate is sealed in an EVA polymer which overhangs the edge of the solar panel, the material is resistant to cracking and UV radiation.
- The panels are completely sealed and totally resistant to atmospheric corrosion and salt water.
- The back of the panel has a white powder coat finish for extra protection.
SunWare panels are slim line and flexible
- There’s a wide range of rectangular and slimline panels to choose from
- They can be flexed to follow the curvature of a yacht’s surface by up to 3% (=3cm over 1m) across their length
- Panels are ultra flat and are easily and conveniently placed on curved solid surfaces
Each panel is supplied with 3m of sea water-tight cable and a diode junction box kit.
- The diode kit can be installed at a location before the regulator or battery to prevent reverse power from the battery to the panel in darkness.
- Panels include a prepared hole in the aluminium substrate which is then covered by the EVA but can be pierced to allow cable to be routed through it.
SunWare panels are supplied for 12V battery charging
- Multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase Ampere hours or series to increase voltage to 24V. (24V panels are also available for order).