Why Choose MorningStar
- The best overall value – Combination of performance, features and competitive price results in the best solar controller value on the market
- Extremely high reliability – failure rates of less than 1 in 1000 units shipped
- Outstanding battery charging – PWM charging can double the life of the battery and recover capacity in a sulfated battery. Series design, not shunt, reduces heating and stress on the electronic components
- Highest quality – manufactured in a fully automated, world class ISO9001 factory. Quality control using the latest computerised test equipment.
- Electronic protections – fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, high temperatures, and reverse current at night. No mechanical fuses.
- Environmental protections – rated for ambient temperatures of -40°C to +60°C. Epoxy encapsulated or conformal coating to protect printed circuit boards from corrosion.
- No need to derate – Designed with a 25% safety margin, the controllers may be used up to their “name plate” rating.
- Expected 15 year life – 5-year warranty, with an expected operating life of 15 years or more.
- Easy to use – Large clearly marked wire terminals, LED and meter displays, well-written manuals and timely technical support.
- Efficiently uses the solar energy to fully recharge the battery
- Prevents overcharging and excessive gassing of the battery
- Prevents undercharging and sulphation of the battery
- Provides load management
- Provides status information and the controller and the system
Extended battery life
PWM series battery charging with temperatue compensation. Sealed/flooded battery select.
Epoxy encapsulation, marine rated terminals and anodised aluminium case provides environmental protection.
SunKeeperTwo battery charging
Solar charge current is shared between two batteries based on a user selectable priority. When one battery is fully charged, all of the charge current flows to the other battery.
Epoxy encapsulation protects the controller against dust and high humidity. Extensive electronic protections, including short circuit,over current and reverse polarity, ensure that the controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes or overloads.
Controler paramters may be adjusted ising the DIP switch on the controller. Further customisation is enabled by connecting to a personal computer and using Morningstars PC software.
High temperature rating
Rated to 70°C to operate in high temperatues at the solar module. No need to de-rate
approved for outdoor use without an additional enclosure. IP65, UV resistant case.Epoxy encapsulated and watertight connection to the module junction box
Provides 10 lighting options
user adjustable for 2 to 10 hours on or for on all ngiht. Unique ON/OFF/ON settings conserve energy and turns light on furing the day and LED indicates selected lighting option.
East to install
To confirm the correct installation, test button turns light on during the day and LED indicates selected lighting option.
Rugged industrial design
Epoxy encapsulation electronics marine rated terminals and anodised aluminium case.
100% solid state design and epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection. Rated for 25% overloads and no need to de rate.
Extended battery life
series design, not shunt, PWM battery charging with temperatue comensation. Low self-consumption.
Easy to install
Outdoor rated connecting wires for waterproof connection to solar module and battery.
Large heat sink and conservative design enables operating at full ratings to 45°C
Optional ,eter displays extensive system and controller information, automatic self-test and reset. Displays in 5 languages
RS-232 connects to a personal computer for custom settings, data logging and remote monitoring and control.
DIP switch provides user with choice of 7 digital presets. Additional custom settings via RS-232.
Extensive electronic protections
Fully protected against reverse polarity , short circuit, overcurrent, high temperature and overvoltage.
Morningstar SunSaver MPPT
This range of MPPT solar controllers enables the use of high voltage and thin film modules for off-grid battery charging for both 12V and 24V applications. These solar controllers allow the user to take advantage of the lower prices of the higher wattage panels, typically used in the on-grid market, to make larger arrays of up to 400W
Maximises energy harvest
Better peak power tracking than other MPPT controllers.
Very high efficiency
the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% for off-grid charge controllers
Extensive networking & Communications
Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. On board ethernet included on the TS-MPPT-60.v
Maximum power point trakcing provides an increase of amps from the solar array into the battery.
Use of high voltage module
In addition to 12 volt crystalline modules, enables the use of high voltage and thin film modules for off-gird battery charging.
harvests the power from the peak power point of the solar array, converts the power down to battery voltage, and boosts charging current in the process.
Overview of Maximum Power Ratings
|Regulator Model||Maximum Solar Panel Rating (12V)||Maximum Solar Rating (24V)|
|SunGuard 4.5A||54W, 4.5A|
|SunSaver SS-10 L||120W, 10A|
|SunSaver SS-10 L 24||240W, 10A|
|SunSaver SS-20 L||240W, 20A|
|SunSaver Sunlight SL-10||120W, 10A|
|SunSaver Duo SSD-24||300W, 25A|
|SunSaver MPPT||200W, 15A||400W, 15A|
|TriStar MPPT||600W, 45A||1200W, 45A|
|TriStar MPPT||800W, 60A||1600W, 60A|
What accessories would you buy with your regulator?
Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)
- Improves battery charging by using temperature at the battery for very accurate temperature compensation
- Recommended for solar systems that experience temperature variations during the year or whenever the temperature at the battery will be more than 5°C different than the temperature at the controller.
To speak to a sales engineer to help you select the right solar controller call +44 (0) 1536 201588 now