Why Morningstar Regulators?
The battery can represent 40% of a system’s cost and a much as 80% of the lifetime costs. A controller may only be 5% of the cost but its ability to protect and increase battery life is crucial.
Due to protections in the software and the quality and ratings of the hardware selected, product failure rate is less than 0.15%. Morningstar typically over-sizes components to leave a margin of error for users.
Selection of Components
Morningstar sources the highest quality parts which promotes proven reliability and performance
Short thermal paths and no fans blowing across circuit boards prevent dust, insects and corrosion.
Fewer components equal lower failure. Intelligent board layouts offer better signal routing, trace lengths, inductance, etc.
25 Years of Experience
Morningstar leverages years of power electronics industry expertise to create highly reliable products with peak performance.
The Morningstar software team develops software architecture that extracts the maximum performance possible from the battery. This optimizes the cost to performance ratio and allows quick power electronics control; even in the smaller controller and inverters
Why Choose MorningStar
- The best overall value – Combination of performance, features and competitive price results in the best solar controller value on the market
- Extremely high reliability – failure rates of less than 1 in 1000 units shipped
- Outstanding battery charging – PWM charging can double the life of the battery and recover capacity in a sulfated battery. Series design, not shunt, reduces heating and stress on the electronic components
- Highest quality – manufactured in a fully automated, world class ISO9001 factory. Quality control using the latest computerised test equipment.
- Electronic protections – fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, high temperatures, and reverse current at night. No mechanical fuses.
- Environmental protections – rated for ambient temperatures of -40°C to +60°C. Epoxy encapsulated or conformal coating to protect printed circuit boards from corrosion.
- No need to derate – Designed with a 25% safety margin, the controllers may be used up to their “name plate” rating.
- Expected 15 year life – 5-year warranty, with an expected operating life of 15 years or more.
- Easy to use – Large clearly marked wire terminals, LED and meter displays, well-written manuals and timely technical support.
- Efficiently uses the solar energy to fully recharge the battery
- Prevents overcharging and excessive gassing of the battery
- Prevents undercharging and sulphation of the battery
- Provides load management
- Provides status information and the controller and the system
High Reliability & Robust Thermal Design
- Conformally coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals.
- Extruded aluminum heatsink dissipates heat quickly without using cooling fans.
Durable Casing & LED Fault Indications
- High strength polycarbonate case.
- Alert when short circuit, over current, high voltage, and other error conditions take place.
Automatic Solar Based Lighting Control
- Field adjustable dusk ‘til dawn setting.
Adjustable Charge Settings
- Seven presets and a custom setting can be set via DIP Switches or by the meter display buttons.
Adjustable Load Control & Optional Meter
- Load control can be adjusted via meter display.
- Meter includes multi-lingual interface with scroll buttons to adjust the settings and display metrics.
- Pulse Width Modulation type regulation
- 4-stage charging keeps batteries in top condition
- Accept loads to same ratings as charge currents
- Marine rated terminals up to 16mm²
- Dimensions 15 x 11 x 6cm 0.4kg
- Battery reverse polarity protected
This controller was developed for residential and leisure consumer applications where an MPPT controller is desired to provide additional power and accommodations for modules that are not supported by other types of controllers.
20A & 40A – 12V
- Two USB-A ports for charging multiple mobile phones/tablets
- 3 Amps of USB charging capacity
- Metered and non-metered versions
- Four stage battery charging
- Dusk ‘til dawn lighting control
- Load control
- Electronic and environmental protections
- Wide operating temperature range
10A, 10A(24V), 20A
Extended battery life
PWM series battery charging with temperatue compensation. Sealed/flooded battery select.
Epoxy encapsulation, marine rated terminals and anodised aluminium case provides environmental protection.
SunKeeperTwo battery charging
Solar charge current is shared between two batteries based on a user selectable priority. When one battery is fully charged, all of the charge current flows to the other battery.
Epoxy encapsulation protects the controller against dust and high humidity. Extensive electronic protections, including short circuit,over current and reverse polarity, ensure that the controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes or overloads.
Controler paramters may be adjusted ising the DIP switch on the controller. Further customisation is enabled by connecting to a personal computer and using Morningstars PC software.
The Sunkeeper solar controller mounts directly to the solar module junction box and eliminates the need for an additional controller housing
High temperature rating
Rated to 70°C to operate in high temperatues at the solar module. No need to de-rate
approved for outdoor use without an additional enclosure. IP65, UV resistant case.Epoxy encapsulated and watertight connection to the module junction box
SunLight Solar Controller
The SunLight is the world’s leading solar controller for street and pathway lighting, parking areas, bus stations and signage.
Provides 10 lighting options
user adjustable for 2 to 10 hours on or for on all ngiht. Unique ON/OFF/ON settings conserve energy and turns light on furing the day and LED indicates selected lighting option.
East to install
To confirm the correct installation, test button turns light on during the day and LED indicates selected lighting option.
Rugged industrial design
Epoxy encapsulation electronics marine rated terminals and anodised aluminium case.
SunGuard Solar Controller
The SunGuard is a one module solar controller for professional and lesiure markets.
100% solid state design and epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection. Rated for 25% overloads and no need to de rate.
Extended battery life
series design, not shunt, PWM battery charging with temperatue comensation. Low self-consumption.
Easy to install
Outdoor rated connecting wires for waterproof connection to solar module and battery.
Tristar PWM Controller
The TriStar is a three function controller that provides reliable battery charging, load control or diversion regulation.
Large heat sink and conservative design enables operating at full ratings to 45°C
Optional ,eter displays extensive system and controller information, automatic self-test and reset. Displays in 5 languages
RS-232 connects to a personal computer for custom settings, data logging and remote monitoring and control.
DIP switch provides user with choice of 7 digital presets. Additional custom settings via RS-232.
Extensive electronic protections
Fully protected against reverse polarity , short circuit, overcurrent, high temperature and overvoltage.
ProStar PWM Controller
The ProStar solar charge controller has been the leading mid-range pulse width modulation (PWM) controller since 1995. With over 350,000 units installed in the harshest environments in over 100 countries, ProStar sets the standards in performance and reliability for the rest of the solar industry.
Latest electronic and environmental protections, quality control, and design considerations comply with IEC 62109 and promote longevity in the harshest environments.
High Temperature Operation
Full nameplate current rating, both solar and load up to 60°C continuous.
12V and 24V systems.
Up to 256 days of solar charge and load consumption data
Continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors or system faults through its status LED’s, optional display and communication port.
Dip switches, meter interface, or connection with a computer can be used to adjust charging, load communications, and lighting control.
Low Noise Design
Meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications.
Automatic Solar-Based Lighting Control
Field adjustable, multi-event load control enables powerful options for solar lighting systems.
Open standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for control and remote data access.
Morningstar MPPT Solar Regulators
TriStar MPPT Controller
The TriStar MPPT TrakStar Technology is an advanced maximum power point tracking controller for off-grid solar systems up to 3kWp.
30A, 45A, 60A in 12V, 24V or 48V)
Maximises energy harvest
Better peak power tracking than other MPPT controllers.
Very high efficiency
the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% for off-grid charge controllers
Extensive networking & Communications
Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. On board ethernet included on the TS-MPPT-60.v
Morningstar SunSaver MPPT
This range of MPPT solar controllers enables the use of high voltage and thin film modules for off-grid battery charging for both 12V and 24V applications. These solar controllers allow the user to take advantage of the lower prices of the higher wattage panels, typically used in the on-grid market, to make larger arrays of up to 400W
Maximum power point trakcing provides an increase of amps from the solar array into the battery.
Use of high voltage module
In addition to 12 volt crystalline modules, enables the use of high voltage and thin film modules for off-gird battery charging.
harvests the power from the peak power point of the solar array, converts the power down to battery voltage, and boosts charging current in the process.
NEW ProStar MPPT
The new Prostar MPPT 25A regulator maximise energy harvest in solar panels up to 350W when charging a 12V battery or 700W for 24V. They are suitable for lead acid, ni-cad and the latest Lithium batteries. This model is particularly recommended when using a grid type 24V solar panel to charge a 12V battery.
- Marine rated terminals
- 4 stage charging
- Lighting controller feature
- Low voltage disconnect built-in
- Electronic protections to avoid damage
Overview of Maximum Power Ratings
|SunGuard 4.5A||54W, 4.5A||64 x 51 x 38|
|SunSaver SS-10 L||120W, 10A||152 x 55 34|
|SunSaver SS-10 L 24||240W, 10A||152 x 55 x 34|
|SunSaver SS-20 L||240W, 20A||152 x 55 x 34|
|SunSaver Sunlight SL-10||120W, 10A||169 x 55 x 34|
|SunSaver Duo SSD-24||300W, 25A||169 x 55 x 35|
|SunSaver MPPT||200W, 15A||400W, 15A||114 x 114 x 35|
|Tristar MPPT 30A||400W,30A||800W, 30A||291 x 130 x 142|
|TriStar MPPT 45A||600W, 45A||1200W, 45A||291 x 130 x 142|
|TriStar MPPT 60A||800W, 60A||1600W, 60A||291 x 130 x 142|
|Prostar MPPT 25A||350W, 25A||700W, 25A||187 x 153 x 68|
|TriStar 45A PWM||260 x 127 x 71|
|TriStar 60A PWM||260 x 127 x 71|
What accessories would you buy with your regulator?
Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)
- Improves battery charging by using temperature at the battery for very accurate temperature compensation
- Recommended for solar systems that experience temperature variations during the year or whenever the temperature at the battery will be more than 5°C different than the temperature at the controller.
To speak to a sales engineer to help you select the right solar controller call +44 (0) 1536 201588 now