- The PWM electronic charge regulator tapers charge to the battery by gradually limiting windcharger current to avoid battery overcharge.
- When regulating the Windcharger turbine speed is gradually reduced until finally running at just a slow “idle”
- As fully charged batteries are more likely to occur in high winds this slow mode of operation is safer and reduces wear
- A solar panel with a maximum rating up to 100W may be connected in parallel with the windcharger.
- Note that a blocking diode must be fitted to the solar panel to prevent it from drawing current from the windcharger
- Built-in blocking diode protects the HRS and Windcharger from other charge sources to the same battery, eg engine charging
- The HRS regulator can charge a single bank of batteries in parallel
- 2 Tri-colour LED’s indicate,
1) approximate level of battery voltage between 11-14V and 2) charging status – either charging, regulating or both charging and regulating
- Regulating cut-in voltage 13.8V, Maximum charge voltage 14.4V (+/- 2%)
- Simple wired connection via 3 flying leads
- Net Weight: 0.12Kg Packed Weight: 0.2Kg
- Carton Dimensions:160x110x60mm
|HRS504 12V||HRSi 12/24V|
|Rutland 504 Windcharger||CA-11/45||CA-11/46|
|Rutland 914i Windcharger||N/A||CA-11/46|
|Rutland Furlmatic 910-4 Windcharger||N/A||CA-11/46|
The HRS Regulator incorporates the latest Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) technology to regulate charge to the battery. Combined Windcharger and solar panel input for single battery bank charging, two tri-colour LED’s indicate charging status and battery voltage.
- 12 Volt.
- The PWM electronic charge regulator tapers charge to the battery to limit current and avoid battery overcharge. When regulating the Windcharger speed is reduced.
- Built in blocking diode protects HRS and Windcharger from other charge sources to battery eg. Engine.
- HRS unit for single battery bank.
- Wall mounted.
- LED indication of charging, regulating battery voltage.
- Designed for use with Rutland 504 (& 503 models) plus up to 100w of solar panels.
- Cut in voltage 13.8V
- Max voltage 14.4V
- Simple 3 wire flying lead connection.
To speak to a sales engineer to help you select the right model call +44 (0) 1536 201588 now